A Gatekeeper Instructor will be able to recognize and intervene in the event of suicidal contemplation as a gatekeeper would do, but will also retain knowledge circumventing the scope of suicide, research and history relating to suicide prevention and the skills necessary to train individuals and groups as gatekeepers. Gatekeeper instructors should be in optimal positions to teach small and large groups as gatekeepers on a continuum (QPR Institute).
Scholarships for QPR Gateway Instructor Training:
We at VTVT are currently recruiting individuals who are interested in becoming certified QPR-Gateway Instructors to spread suicide prevention awareness into our communities. We have 100 scholarships available to provide to individuals who are passionate about fulfilling our mission. Through this scholarship, training, which costs $500, is provided at NO COST whatsoever to the individual seeking training.
It consists of a full-day of training, with lunch provided.
The below list includes the requirements for QPR Gatekeeper Instructors who have receive a VTVT Scholarship:
- Must agree to train no less than 50 gatekeepers in 12 months
- Instructor must identify own audience
- VTVT may request Instructor to support VTVT QPR classes
- Instructor must strive for 100% demographic and pre/post survey forms
- Instructor must complete VTVT’s after action report (AAR) immediately after each class
- Instructor must complete VTVT’s data collection spreadsheet
- Instructor must submit post class AAR and spreadsheet to VTVT within 72 hours after the class.
- Must follow VTVT QPR Gatekeeper presentation including videos and VTVT’s role playing.
Modifications to the above requirements must have written approval from VTVT.