Vet to Vet Tennessee will be conducting their first in person QPR Gatekeeper Instructor class on June 11, 2021 at the new Robert “Bob” Hatley Veterans Service Center in Madisonville Tennessee. Vet to Vet Tennessee has provided 8 scholarships for the upcoming class. We do not have any other scholarships for this class, however, if you or your organization want to attend the cost of the class, certification and lunch is $495.00.
Becoming a certified trainer of QPR’s industry-leading approach to suicide prevention is an excellent way for individuals and organizations to help empower their communities to effectively intervene on behalf of suicidal and in-crisis people.
GATEKEEPER TRAINING CERTIFICATION
- 3-year Certification
- 12 Clock Hours/1 CEU
- 25 QPR classroom booklets and everything you’ll need to host your first training workshop
Must be 18 years or older to complete this course.
Key Course Objectives & Content
- Training participants to teach QPR Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention
- Understanding the nature and range of suicidal communications
- Knowing the groups at greatest risk of suicide and why QPR can work for them
- Suicide and suicide prevention in history
- Gatekeeper training; how, why and the research
- New and promising approaches to suicide prevention
- How QPR fits into national efforts
If you are interested in attending the June 11, 2021 please leave us a message below or call us at 865-336-2624.